Sunday, August 27, 2017

Podcast #013 - Justice League Dark

"Constantine & His Amazing Friends!"

On this lucky thirteenth episode, Emily & Professor Alan talk about the Justice League Dark. They focus on the recent animated movie, but also talk about the New 52 comic of the same name, and the "Constantine" TV show.

And then for the first time in a long time, they cover listener feedback, most of which is pretty awesome.

Click on the player below to listen to the episode:



Right-click to download the episode.


You may also subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or the RSS Feed.

Link: The music of Insomniac Folklore

We would love to hear from you about this issue, the podcast episode, or the podcast in general. Send e-mail feedback to dorknesstolight@gmail.com 

You can follow Alan on twitter @ProfessorAlan

1 comment:

  1. I'm only marginally familiar with John Constantine, and I've never gotten "hooked" on the character, but I was very interested in your discussion. I was particularly intrigued by the fate of Jason Blood.
    I must also comment on your Twitter, where you recently posted a piece from The Babylon Bee, about "Local Church Offers 'Introvert Service' Where Nobody Has to Talk to Anyone Else". I normally attend what's called the "Quiet Mass" at 6:30 AM, at which there is no singing and the congregants tend to spread out a bit, so I thought the Babylon Bee piece was funny, and shared it on my Facebook page. It was seen by one of the hosts of the Holy Roman Fanboys podcast, which looks at "geekdom" from a particularly Roman Catholic perspective. That article inspired a discussion for about the first 10 or 15 minutes of their most recent episode, so your influence extends farther than you may know.
    Finally, to comment, as I sometimes do, on your reaction to my feedback, I must tell you that I laughed out loud when I heard you refer to my wife as "Mrs. Halk-Kar". She is quite emphatically not of the "geek tribe", but of the "long-suffering, eye-rolling, spouse of the geek, tribe", so I don't she would be fond of that appellation.

    ReplyDelete